Image via Pexels
Your Complete Checklist for Moving to Texas
Texas is a state with a lot to offer, from beautiful scenery to great job prospects and a low cost of living. Whether you’re settling in Texas for the first time or are moving within the state, there is a lot involved. Make sure you don’t miss any important steps by going through the list below.Texas is a state with a lot to offer, from beautiful scenery to great job prospects and a low cost of living. Whether you’re settling in Texas for the first time or are moving within the state, there is a lot involved. Make sure you don’t miss any important steps by going through the list below.
Finding the Perfect Fit
Whether you have a city picked out or not, it takes a lot of time to find the perfect home for you. Think about these factors when narrowing down your choices.
- If you’re not looking forward to the heat, stick to areas with the coolest summers.
- If affordability is your top priority, focus your search on cities with a low cost of living.
- Property taxes are high, but a calculator can help you find counties with the lowest rates.
- It’s not just about money. The Green Team says to make sure you also know which house feels right for you. Connect with The Green Team to help you find that perfect place!
Streamline Your Moving Day
Almost everyone agrees that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. Luckily, taking these steps can help make it a less overwhelming experience.
- Decluttering before you pack will save time and valuable space on the moving truck.
- Making a moving budget early on in the process will help you avoid overspending.
- Gathering moving supplies in advance means less wasted time as you pack.
- Contacting and booking a moving company is also important to do before it gets too late.
- Keep stress at bay as you pack and prepare for moving.
What to Do Right After Moving
Getting ready for a move can be an all-consuming task, but it’s important to consider all of the things you need to do right after settling in. Not only will this make everything official, it will help make your house feel like a home. Make sure you don’t forget any of these things.
- Change your address with all the appropriate agencies and services.
- Driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations are handled by different departments in Texas.
- Set up utilities by choosing a provider in Texas’ deregulated market.
- Deep clean your new home before unpacking too much, even if it looks clean enough.
- Identify projects you want to do, like installing cordless phones or changing the locks.
- Repainting the walls and hanging photos can make your new home feel like it’s yours.
Moving day can be an extremely stressful event if you don’t plan carefully. Whether you’re new to Texas or are just moving across the state, it’s also important to familiarize yourself with everything that’s different about life in your new home. By following these steps, you can breeze through the moving process and start enjoying all of the great things Texas has to offer.